THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum XPEL - yes or no?

03-19-2016, 04:42 AM   #23
MGold1211
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

I recently had the XPEL ultimate installed on mine. Full front bumper, hood, rocker panels, around rear wheel well, mirrors, and door cups. Believe me it was a tough choice to proceed with it as the price was about $1,800. Problem was that there aren't many installers in CT. While another guy was cheaper, he didn't get too many good reviews online. I felt it was worth paying a bit more for hopefully a better job. This car is my DD and New England roads suck. I had a 3M bra on my Infiniti, which I did not care for. However, the XPEL is a much better quality. The orange peel thing is overrated imo. One of the first days I had it a bird crapped on the hood and it simply rinsed off. I bought the sealant from XPEL and used it shortly after. There are a few negatives that I can point out: human application means that there will always be some degree of imperfections. They're mostly not too noticeable unless you're right on top of the car.. plus this car isn't being used in shows. Also, because I had the M performance body parts, some of the fitment of the bra was not 100%. This really only applied to the front splitter area. The shop ended up giving me a hard time in regard to this, which turned into a headache. Either way, car is protected (or at least gives me some peace of mind). If I had to, I think I would do it again, but time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 09:52 AM   #24
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I just got a quote for $1045 for an Xpel wrap for bumper, bikini hood, mirrors, and the rocker kit. $790 without the rocker kit. Seems to be an alright price. Do you guys think the rocker kit is worth it?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 05:35 PM   #25
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
There is zero chance anyone pays $500-1000 more on a used car due to it having clear protection. So the argument of recouping your costs is null and void.
I completely disagree. Take two five year old cars, side by side, and the one WITHOUT the chips will absolutely sell for more than the one showing five years of punishment on the paint.

I have ALWAYS gotten top dollar selling my used cars that retain showroom condition paint. My cars always sell above market value. I can say I easily recoup $500 to $1000!
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2016, 05:37 PM   #26
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I just got a quote for $1045 for an Xpel wrap for bumper, bikini hood, mirrors, and the rocker kit. $790 without the rocker kit. Seems to be an alright price. Do you guys think the rocker kit is worth it?
Absolutely. The rockers get pelted with street debris. I always get them done. At the very least get behind your wheels. You'll be happy you did.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 06:09 PM   #27
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUE02 View Post
I completely disagree. Take two five year old cars, side by side, and the one WITHOUT the chips will absolutely sell for more than the one showing five years of punishment on the paint.

I have ALWAYS gotten top dollar selling my used cars that retain showroom condition paint. My cars always sell above market value. I can say I easily recoup $500 to $1000!
Ouch, that's a pwn
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #28
Mclrbra
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M325i

Unless your going to drive around the city all the time with no highway driving they are very worth it. Ask them to wrap it up under the door as well. Thats is a very fair price if it is Xpel Ultimate, be sure it's Ultimate and Xpel design patterns and the installer is certified as without that there is no warranty beyond their offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #29
Rus.K
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 AW ZCP M3

I got the full coverage for $1300, Hood, front bumper, pillars (half way down sunroof), mirrors. I love mine
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #30
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEUE02 View Post

Ouch, that's a pwn
Yeah totally. Hypothetical scenario in which his argument wins...got me.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 10:36 AM   #31
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclrbra View Post
Unless your going to drive around the city all the time with no highway driving they are very worth it. Ask them to wrap it up under the door as well. Thats is a very fair price if it is Xpel Ultimate, be sure it's Ultimate and Xpel design patterns and the installer is certified as without that there is no warranty beyond their offering.
Thanks. Yes, it's Ultimate precut pattern and would be installed by a very well known and established tint/Xpel shop in Kansas City.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2016, 09:08 PM   #32
vexingv
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i xdrive

I got my whole car wrapped. Yes, the whole car: front/rear bumpers, hood, quarter panels, doors, rocker panels, trunk, roof (i have no moonroof), trunk lid, headlights, mirrors. It was quite expensive ($4500) and took several days to complete, but my car is a daily driver (50 miles per day) and i drive through a war zone -- aka. new york roads with there's so much crap and debris here. fortunately, my car is mostly valet parked (only option for manhattan garages) and in a parking structure at work. bumper protectors for street parking is a whole other issue...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #33
HandsomeDevil
F22 Pilot
Rep
Drives: m235i 6MT

you guys are getting some good price here for full coverage, $1200-1400 is reasonable but not $2k
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 10:01 AM   #34
jaboyd
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i black/black

The fully wrapped hood and fenders adds a lot to the cost over a bikini hood and partial fender install....i think it is around 2x. Never had a need for a total wrap on those areas, but leading edges are important/critical. Had them install a "no holes" solid front bumper film (except it did have roundel precut) then a very skilled tech cut out all of the holes for sensors, washers, toe hook, etc...looks marvelous and aligns perfectly.

I have Xpel front bumper, bikini hood, std fenders, mirrors, lower rocker, door cups and rear wheel at lower bumper stone protection on a BSM and it really helps keep it looking pristine.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 05:09 PM   #35
HandsomeDevil
F22 Pilot
Rep
Drives: m235i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboyd View Post
The fully wrapped hood and fenders adds a lot to the cost over a bikini hood and partial fender install....i think it is around 2x. Never had a need for a total wrap on those areas, but leading edges are important/critical. Had them install a "no holes" solid front bumper film (except it did have roundel precut) then a very skilled tech cut out all of the holes for sensors, washers, toe hook, etc...looks marvelous and aligns perfectly.

I have Xpel front bumper, bikini hood, std fenders, mirrors, lower rocker, door cups and rear wheel at lower bumper stone protection on a BSM and it really helps keep it looking pristine.
yeah I could get away with half the hood, but the idea of the line being in the middle is what drives me nuts and why I'd prefer full hood. I'll keep shopping around, every shop I've called is $2k, give or take $50. (DC area)
Appreciate 0