THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Replace the “sucking jet pump”

05-26-2024, 02:35 PM   #1
inverse121
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

Replace the “sucking jet pump”

I’m going to recommend that one replace the “sucking jet pump” when they replace the coolant expansion tank hose or install a charge pipe. The fittings are similar to the known to fail coolant when you replace the coolant expansion tank hose.xpansion tank hose fittings.

Installed the ARM charge pipe I bought from x-ph.com on my new to me 2016 M235i xdrive. Not super impressed with the pipe itself, but the service was great and the price was good. Currently on sale for less than I paid last week.
https://x-ph.com/arm-motorsports-f3x...harge-pipe-awd . I would not buy it again and cannot recommend this pipe. One of the map sensor bolt holes had no thread and the vacuum port that everyone says is for the automatic transmission cars causes stress on the sucking jet pump fittings.

While reassembling the middle connection on the “sucking jet pump” pipe, the fitting broke. The fittings are similar to the coolant pipe fittings and very brittle being dated 12/2015. Which is also interesting in that my car has a build date of 8/2015, so it has been replaced previously. But this was exacerbated by the poor angle created by the location of the charge pipe fitting.

I performed a field repair with some jbweld and plastic vacuum fittings.

Throws a 191C0 code Tank ventilation system 2nd discharge point malfunction in sport mode only and lights the check engine.

Throws 195014 differential pressure sensor, tank ventilation valve, signal: fixed and does not light the check engine. So I must have damage the fitting’s signal.

I ordered a new pipe with fittings from fcp-euro as they have the best price with overnight shipping. When it arrives I will use a heat gun to reshape the pipe to fit better and reduce the stress on the middle fitting.

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2024, 05:55 PM   #2
7OSTADO
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 335i 4d

mind giving a little step by step i just cracked mine from the middle while replacing the CP were does it disconnect from?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2024, 03:56 AM   #3
inverse121
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235ix

The pipe has 3 fittings.

Disconnect the three old fittings to remove the old pipe, connect the three fittings on the new pipe to install it.

I suggest starting the new pipe with the middle fitting. If you are having trouble lining up the fittings, you can try using a heat gun or hair dryer on the pipe to mold the pipe and line up the fittings.
Appreciate 0